The Aggregate Calculator helps you to estimate the aggregate tonnage required for your job.
To use the Aggregate Calculator:
- enter the width, length, and thickness of your job,
- select the thickness in feet or inches
- click on either Base Rock, Drain Rock, or a custom density selection
- the Base Rock and Drain Rock selections will fill in the density of the rock for you; the Custom selection allows you to enter a rock density in the Density field.
- click on the Calculate button
Please note that densities will vary somewhat between different loads, but the default values assigned for Base Rock and Drain Rock are good standard "rules of thumb" for estimating.